Monday, November 2, 2015

Weeks 8 & 9: New England

I spent most of Week 8 in Millbury, Massachusetts (about 45 mins outside Boston) for work.  This presented the opportunity to get some hill workouts I'd otherwise not have access to in Louisiana.  Having traveled to this area before for work, I knew right where to go to find epic hill-age.

Stole this one from Google, but it really looks like this.
I spent most of Week 9 in Waitsfield, Vermont (about 45 mins east of Burlington) for Dave's wedding.  In addition to juggling best man duties, I also had to find time to get in 7:00/mile workouts.  Although I was only able to get in one run at that pace, I really had a great time just knocking out some easy runs with Dave.  The weather was cool and beautiful.

I still need to spend more time in New England during the winter to know for sure how I feel about that part of the country, but outside of that....I could totally live there.  Beautiful landscape, people were really nice and had a lifestyle I appreciated, and the outdoor opportunities are just endless.


No comments: