Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 10: Head Cold and Rain

The aftereffects of a head cold and day after day of rain have made this week's training interesting.  I only missed two runs, but never had any issue maintaining my goal pace for this week (6:50).  That being said, 6:50 is a weird pace to consistently hold (overall run time isn't an issue).  I think because this speed is just below my normal "cruising" pace, I have difficulty discerning between cruising it out and pushing it just a little bit.

Week X:

Training Pace: 6:50
Long Run:  12 miles - I did the first 6 alone and nailed 6:50.  Crystal and Samuel joined for the second 6, so I slowed it down.
Music:  I started George Bush's biography of his dad, "41 - A Portrait of My Father"

Like I said, difficult to discern a 6:50 pace from my cruising pace of 7:00...but my overall run pace was 6:47.

No comments: