Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 12: Back Spasms

Thursday morning, after my morning 6-miler at 6:30 pace, my back felt funny.  It didn't hurt, just felt sore like maybe I'd slept on it oddly.  I largely ignored it and made a point to stretch my back throughout the day.  While at work, I changed clothes and laced up my shoes at lunch to knock out a quick 2 miles.  As soon as I finished the quick run, my back completely seized up and I could barely move.

I've since been to the doctor, received two steroid shots, and am still taking oral steroids to help with the pain.  For the most part, it doesn't hurt, just feels uncomfortable.  I can still tell that something is weird with my back, though.  Sunday I got in a few "test jogs" to see how it felt, and I'm reasonably certain I can pick back up with little to no issues.  Fortunately, my training plan doesn't have me upping the mileage or pace this week.

Week XII:

Training Pace: 6:30 (was nailing it until my back spasms showed up)
Long Run: 14 miles (didn't get it because of the back issues)
Music: Finished "41", meandering through podcasts now

No comments: