Monday, December 7, 2015

Weeks 13 & 14: Weight Management

Over the past few weeks I’ve had some legitimate issues getting in my long runs and this is beginning to weigh heavily on me.  Although I’ve not had any real issues hitting my paces throughout the week, I worry that my lack of long distance mileage will come back to bite me in the ass.  Although I’m uncertain now, I’m contemplating just doing the half-marathon at the Louisiana Marathon.  I would then attempt to qualify at the Rock N’Roll New Orleans Marathon in February, or the Zydeco Marathon in Lafayette in the middle of March.

We had an all-hands, medical stand down this weekend in New Orleans for the Marine Corps.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that I weighed in at 161 lbs, my ideal race weight.  I need to be careful not to drop too much weight, but this is great to have hit this milestone.  I much prefer how I look when I’m about 20lbs heavier, but I love how I feel when I’m cruising at this weight.  I’m trying to eat only fruit and water before noon each day.  I’ll eat pretty much whatever for lunch, but in moderation.  Dinner, I’m trying to eat just a small enough portion of whatever we’re having so that I’m not quite full.

Week XIII:

Training Pace: 6:20
Long Run: 14 miles

Music: Finished the book Living with a Seal by Jesse Itzler.  Itzler is the husband of the woman that’s the CEO of Spanx.  He met Navy Seal David Groggins during an ultra-marathon event and ultimately asked him to move in with his family and train him.  Although the workouts Groggins puts him through are of questionable training value (Itzler’s going to end up getting hurt if he sticks with that training regimen), the intensity with which they workout is admirable.  It’s a good, easy read.

No comments: