Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Weeks 15 & 16: A New Goal

I’ve decided not to use the Louisiana Marathon (January 17th) as my qualifying race for Boston.  Unfortunately, I’ve had enough issues with staying healthy and with hitting all my long runs that I don’t think it’s the race for me.  To clarify, I feel like I could qualify at the Louisiana Marathon, I just don’t think I could do it at the pace I’d like.

My new goal is to qualify at the New Orleans Rock N’ Roll Marathon (February 28th).  My backup to this race will be the Zydeco Marathon in Lafayette a few weeks later.  Honestly, I’m ready to be finished with marathon training.  The marathon is just an odd distance/speed for me.  I’m really comfortable with anything at or below 13.1 miles, or anything longer than a marathon (although, I haven’t done any ultras in quite a while).

Week XV:

Training Pace: 6:10 (have been hitting it pretty consistently)
Long Run: doesn’t matter…haven’t been hitting it.

Music:  Started the book Leadership and Training for the Fight by Paul Howe.  It’s not great, but it passes the time.

No comments: