Sunday, February 14, 2016

Two Weeks till Boston

On Sunday, 28 February I'll be in New Orleans with the family to qualify for Boston at the New Orleans Rock'n'Roll Marathon.  My distance work lately has been much more consistent compared to November and December.  Although I've largely ignored focusing on my designated paces for each week of training, my legs feel really strong.  I need to lean into my core workouts this week, but no other issues than that.

As I'm two weeks from attempting to qualify, I'm so ready for this to be finished.  Having skipped a few races as potential qualifiers, my training has really been dragged out...and its taking a toll on me.  Not only that, its been a big adjustment for the family.  There haven't been as many leisurely 5-mile runs with Crystal and Samuel.  Especially when Dad needs to do speed workouts or a 20-mile long run, the family often makes a sacrifice on their own.  I'll get home from work, throw on my shoes to knock out 6-miles, and get home just in time to bathe Samuel and put him to bed.  That being said, when I finish two weeks from now (and hopefully qualify), the family will be qualifying just as much as me.  If I qualify when I cross the finish line, it'll be their victory as much as it is mine.


Two Weeks Out:

Training Pace: 6:00min
Long Run: 20 miles
Music: Brady-Pod took one for the team a few weeks back.  I've been going sans music, but have Crystal's iPod as an alternate.  That being said, I'm really working hard on curating my 2016 Dance Commander playlist.  Will probably use this on race day.

No comments: