Friday, June 9, 2017

CCC - 15 April

Late post on this race…..

I spent a lot of time training for this one….like 2-3 months.  My plan was that this was to be the pre-cursor to my re-entry into the triathlon world.  Specifically, this was going to be the springboard into preparation for Olympic Trials training.  The plan was to spend the first quarter of the year focusing on my run.  Get my base down and then focus on the swim and bike.  The CCC 10k was an opportunity that I could get at or under 6 min/mile…I was close halfway through (6:11), but didn’t quite finish that strong (6:26).

I’m discouraged and not just by my time.  The training hasn’t been as easy as it was in the past.  Not because of anything in particular.  Just seems to be tougher to get out and to get a pace I want.  Age, perhaps?  Getting old.

By the numbers:
Age Group Finish (30-34) – 24th overall
Overall Finish – 97th
Mile 1 Time – 6:13
Pace @ 5k – 6:11
Pace for 2d 5k – 6:39
Pace Delta - :28

Finish Time/Pace – 39:54/6:26

No comments: