Monday, August 24, 2009

Hartwood 10 Miler

Saturday night, before the race, Deanna and I went up to DC to see a Nationals ballgame. A crazy rain storm, however, pushed back the start an hour and a half....so we didn't end up back in Stafford until about two AM. I needed to be up at 5:30 to get to registration at six. So I had about two to three hours of rest for this run. My only goal was to keep it under seven min/mile.

For once I didn't come out too hard. I knew what pace I wanted, found someone moving about that speed, and paced them out. I did start to feel it a little after the half-way point, but still finished relatively strong. I grabbed third in the age group and got a $10 gift certificate to VA Runner. Final time was 1:07:47 with a 6:47 pace.

Looking forward to getting back to BR for a couple weeks and doing some running on the lakes and with ole' boy Pat.

Run hard.

No comments: