Sunday, May 17, 2009

Marine Corps Historic Half

I met Ryan and another friend down in Fredericksburg, VA yesterday to get ready for the Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon.

The day started rough.  I sprinted from our hotel to the Caribou Coffee across the street at six this morning.  It was closed, and it was cold and rainy.  Double whammy.  So I settled for the watered down coffee in the hotel.  It was so weak I could see the bottom of the mug.

I was shooting for 1:20, didn't get it.  I knew I was coming out too hard and burned out around mile 8.  Again, not like I've been able to train at all.  It rained the whole time, I was drenched.  Fun course, though.  Only one bad hill and most of the course is through downtown Fredericksburg...gorgeous.  

Ryan missed breaking 1:40 by six seconds.  I'm sticking it too him pretty hard...because I'm a good friend.  Next race is probably the Montclair Tri at the end of June.

Run hard

No comments: